Insecurity

It's always been hard for me to let anyone in. But I let him in slowly. I'm still not sure if this is the right thing to do though. But I trust him. 
He's an introvert, just like me. Tonight was the second time he's asking for some "me time", so I let him go.. 
But every time he does that, it triggers my pathetic-insecure self. I feel like I want to build my guard up again. I know, he was just gone for a few moments, not forever. But my mind was going wild, pushing me to protect my self by pulling me inside my shell. 
I wont say I will ever stop him doing that, since I know he need it. Like I do, sometimes. 
But I just can't help it. The more he left, the higher I build my guard up around myself. I'm afraid someday I can't let him in anymore. I guess I need to work on my insecurities. It's toxic and I need to stop before I ruin every good thing in my life. 

- Hanin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

jealous?